09 June, 2015

Deepali Sathe : A new voice in Humari Adhuri Kahani


If you’ve heard the song Yeh kaisi jagah from Vishesh Films’ latest offering Humari Adhuri Kahani, if it’s managed to steal your heart and made you hum the number on loop then you surely must’ve wondered who’s lilting voice is that?

Somebody new?
Somebody you can’t guess?
Well, we tell you. It’s the new rising sensation in the music world Deepali Sathe! 
Deepali, who has already lent her voice to the song Daingad Daingad in Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania, can’t stop gushing about her experience of having worked with popular music composer Jeet Ganguly!
“This isn’t the first time I’ve sung for Jeet da, I first worked with him for a Bengali track Janemon from the movie Herogiri,” clarifies Deepali while adding, “Jeet da liked my voice so much that he called me for Ye kaisi jagah. I got to know that Jeet da told Mahesh and Mukesh Bhattji that he was gifting them a fresh and new voice in this film and had praised me a lot too. He also told me that this is the most important song of my career and will proved to be a turning point for me. So frankly, I was nervous and excited all at the same time while recording for the song.

But at the time of recording Jeet da helped me and narrated the story to me about a woman being in a dilemma because she is happy being in love but at the same time she is already married to someone else. It really made me get into the mood of the number and I could sing it well.”
Deepali Sathe isn’t new to the music world. The songstress started crooning at the raw age of 3 during Sai Samiti Bhajans and amidst various shows, music albums, reality shows among others started mingling with the stalwarts of the music industry including the likes of Udit Narayan with whom she sung a duet, Asha Bhosle, Kavita Krishna Murthy, Khayyam, Ustad Ghulam Ali Khan, Suresh Vadkar among others who were her judges at the reality show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa.
The singer then went onto lending her voice to the title tracks of shows like Vaari Vaari Apne Piya Pe Vaari on Life Ok, Main Lakshmi Tere Angan Ki and Jodhaa Akbar from Zee Tv before moving onto playback singing for Hindi films.
Well, quite a journey for this new songstress isn’t it?

- See more at: http://www.filmytown.com/deepali-sathe-a-new-voice-humari-adhuri-kahani/

No comments: