22 June, 2015

Late South Star Aarthi Agarwal's Last Film Operation Green Hunt Runs Into Censor Trouble


Controversies surrounding the late South Star Aarthi Agarwal don't seem to leave her even after her death. After the various write ups on the cause of her death, that of liposuction and multiple theories around it, it's her last film Operation Green Hunt made by Khan production and directed by Bharat Parepali that's run into censor trouble. 

Filmmaker Noorabdul Rrahaman Khan is running sleepless nights worrying about his Aarthi Agarwal starrer film Operation Green Hunt that's lying in the cans owing to lack of censor clearance. Produced in two languages Hindi and Telugu, the movie was to be dubbed in two other languages Tamil and Malayalam with the title of all four being the same. 

While the censor certificate of Hindi version was handed over to Khan on 25th February 2015, it's the clearance for the other three languages that he desperately awaits with no revert from Censor Board on it at all. 

Addressing the matter, a deeply distressed producer Noorabdul Khan says, "I had applied online for the Hindi to Tamil dubbed film censor certificate on  and submitted  the documents thereafter. For over three months the regional officer and the  chairman have called me to their office many times and given some or the other reason for the delay. 

Till date without any reason or any concrete justification  the Mumbai CBFC is not issuing me the Tamil Censor Certificate. The board officials including the Chairman are not ready to give me anything in  writing. The chairman has told me to ask God when I will get my censor certificate. When I’m asking him to give me something in writing he is not  willing to. Further he is threatening me that I cannot release my film in any  language forever. I have also written letters to 15 different government  ministries, judiciaries and film associations in hopes that someone will come to  my aid and resolve this matter. I have entered into agreement with the film's presenter and part of the  agreement was to release the films in all language simultaneously. Now three  months since my application my film seems indefinitely delayed because of  unnecessary harassment from the Censor Board. Due to this I am unable to fulfill  my commitment to Rahul Shah of Time media, film's presenter . This in turn is causing me huge financial  losses."

Well, this surely seems to be unjust not just for being Aarti Agarwal's posthumous film but also the financial loses of the producer. We hope we get to see Operation Green Hunt seeing the light of the day soon!  

- Himanshu Jhunjhunwala
DWAPAR PROMOTERS

No comments: